Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When you cut me open, my cross-sections look like a star. What am I?
2. I am an ornamental vegetable and people use my shell to make musical instruments such as maracas. What am I?
3. My name is yuca and I am a root vegetable. What other name am I known by?
4. I belong to the broccoli family and my name sounds like a person who lives in Italy. What am I?
5. My common name is New Zealand yam, but I am known by what other name?
6. My name is taken from the German word "kohl" for cabbage and "rube" for turnip. What am I?
7. I am the pads taken from prickly pear cactus and eaten as a vegetable. What am I?
8. I am a knobbly, odd-shaped root vegetable that can be made into soups and sauces. What am I?
9. I can be found growing near the sea which is why I taste slightly of salty water. What am I?
10. I am a weird vegetable with a name which sounds like a musical instrument and a part of the human body. What am I?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.