Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Traditionally served with cream at Wimbledon during the annual tennis championship, what is this delicious fruit?
2. Common to the tropical regions of the world, which fruit might you throw balls at in a British fairground to win a prize?
3. This fruit which is native to south/southeast Asia is the national fruit of India and comes from the national tree of Bangladesh. What is this fruit that rhymes with a popular South American dance?
4. Someone connected with this fruit ruled "The Land of Sweets" in a work by Tchaikovsky. What is this fruit that often appears to be covered in a dusty white coating?
5. Originally called "forbidden fruit", this fruit was originally grown in Barbados. Despite its name, you cannot make wine from it. Which fruit is often eaten or drunk as a juice at breakfast?
6. Native to North America, this fruit can be boiled, baked, steamed or roasted and is also a popular ingredient in soups, purees and pies. Which fruit might you also cut eyes into in order to make a lantern from it?
7. Native to southeast Asia, this fruit is regarded in that region as "the king of fruits". Which fruit is unwelcome in many hotels because of its distinctive aroma?
8. Although now grown around the world, this fruit is native to Indo-Malaya and Australia. Which fruit is sometimes served 'split' with ice cream?
9. Also sometimes called 'granadilla', this fruit is native to South America. Which fruit sounds like it might be hot and steamy?
10. This fruit was developed in California from varieties of blackberry and raspberry. Most often used in jams or pies, what is this fruit that sounds like it might have come from a Canadian mountain?
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.