Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. ANIMALS: What is the scientific name for the domestic cat?
2. BRAIN TEASERS: Find the cat hidden in this sentence:
The new bridge, as they say, will span the river, and allow any large cat to cross.
3. CELEBRITIES: Who sang the song "Tea for the Tillerman"?
4. ENTERTAINMENT: Entertainers Siegfried and Roy were famous for including which type of tiger in their live shows?
5. FOR CHILDREN: What is the name of Postman Pat's black-and-white cat?
6. GENERAL: What is the fear of cats known as?
7. GEOGRAPHY: Cat Island is part of which Atlantic nation?
8. HISTORY: Cats were worshipped as gods by the people of which region's ancient civilisation?
9. HOBBIES: Which astrological sign of the Zodiac is symbolised by a type of cat?
10. HUMANITIES: According to the idiom, what killed the cat?
11. LITERATURE: "Gus: the Theatre Cat" was a poem written by which modernist poet?
12. MOVIES: What was the name of the cat that travelled with the dog named Otis?
13. MUSIC: Which UK girl band had hits with "The Tide is High" and "Whole Again"?
14. PEOPLE: Which US President had a cat named "Slippers"?
15. RELIGION: Are any members of the cat family mentioned in the Bible?
16. SCI/TECH: Which Austrian physicist famously made a thought experiment where a cat was placed in a box with a flask of poison?
17. SPORTS: The Australian AFL team, the Lions, hail from which city?
18. TELEVISION: Mrs. Slocombe often talked about her cat in which classic UK sitcom?
19. VIDEO GAMES: Which video game cat first starred in "The Time Sweeper" for the XBox in 2002?
20. WORLD: The luxury car manufacturer, Jaguar, has its headquarters in which country?
Source: Author eburge
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.