Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To start, you were just having a nice cup of cold lemonade in your backyard when the action starts. You sip your lemonade quietly, and wonder: what does the suffix "-ade" mean?
2. Suddenly, you find yourself traveling up in a beam of very bright green light. You think: "Surely I must be dreaming! This is against the law of gravity!" Who postulated this well-known theory?
3. You travel up, up, up and finally find solid ground in some kind of apparatus that flies. This makes you think of a round, disc-like machine aliens are rumored to fly around in, a UFO. What does the U in this acronym stand for?
4. You realize you were holding your breath, and cautiously let it out. You are alone in a circular room. The walls are painted chartreuse. In simple terms, what color are the walls painted?
5. You decide to take a look around. There is a fancy-looking computer, a pair of blue sunglasses, and a poster on the wall. You approach the poster and read a single word on it, in braille. It means sit. What blind boy invented this language?
6. You decide it is better to listen to these alien's instructions, and hastily sit down. You wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. After time, you get very bored, so you fish your iPod out of your pocket and plug the headphones into your ears. The song "Let It Be" comes on. Who wrote this song?
7. Shivers run up your spine as you hear heavy footsteps coming towards you from behind. You take your headphones out of your ears, and slowly turn around. You see a being resembling the creatures in a movie you recently saw, "Avatar". What color is this alien?
8. This creature takes you by the arm, and leads you through a corridor. It pushes you into a chair, and chains wind around your arms and legs so you can't escape. More and more of the strange creatures gather around you, and communicate with each other in weird buzzing and clicking noises. This noise reminds you of cicada noises. Once in how many years do cicadas come out of the earth?
9. Suddenly, the aliens scatter, and the chains around your limbs unravel. You quickly get up, and walk down the hallway you were previously led through by the alien. For the first time, you notice the fancy-looking computer has... eyes? Yes, eyes! They follow your every move, and you start to feel creeped out, like you're being watched (well... you are being watched). A question pops into your mind: What is one (of many) ways you can be blinded?
10. The odd eye is scaring you, so you keep walking in the direction you came from. With relief, you notice a small, square hole that you suspect you came through when you flew up the beam of light. You decide to take the plunge, and jump through the hole. This time, the light is all the colours of the rainbow. A last question: What is the complementary colour to the fifth colour of the classic, six-color rainbow?
Source: Author holly_101
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.