Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Only one poet in the world has the credit of penning national anthems for two different countries. Can you name this unique poet?
2. The national anthem of India is "Jana Gana Mana". It was penned by the first Indian Nobel Laureate. He also wrote the national anthem of another country. Can you name it?
3. Both India and Bangladesh got their national anthems from the pen of the first non-European 1913 Nobel Laureate. In which language were the songs written?
4. Rabindranath Tagore wrote more than 2230 poems. What was the first poem written by him?
5. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee was a noted Bengali novelist. Like most of his novels, his controversial novel "Anandamath" was translated into English. What was the first English publication title of "Anandamath" by Bankimchandra Chatterjee called?
6. Present-day India has two other names. One is Hindustan; what is the other?
7. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee is popularly called Rishi Bankim Chandra. Who conferred the honorific surname 'Rishi' to Chatterjee?
8. The national flag of India is also called 'The Indian Tricolour'. Who designed this flag?
9. Indian Writing in English (IWE) has developed its individual identity over time. Can you name the first novel written in English by an Indian writer?
10. The Indian national anthem is 'Jana Gana Mana'. What is its English title?
Source: Author indranil49
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.