Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Kaveri is an Indian river originating in the Western Ghats and emptying into the Bay of Bengal. Which two states have been involved in a dispute over sharing of the river's waters?
2. The Amarnath Temple is an important Hindu shrine located in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. What is unusual about the Shiva Linga worshiped there?
3. Which of the following festivals is celebrated with colours and water to welcome the beginning of spring?
4. Which city of Rajasthan is known as the 'Venice of the East' and is home to the Lake Palace that was featured in the James Bond film "Octopussy"?
5. Which state of India is known as the 'Land of Five Rivers'?
6. In which bustling Indian metropolis would you find an ancient water tank known as Banganga whose roots can be traced to the epic "Ramayana"?
7. Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip of the Indian peninsula and is a unique location where three bodies of water meet. Is it true that a large statue of Mahatma Gandhi built on a rock here was destroyed by the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004?
8. The coastal region of which Indian state is an important nesting ground for the olive ridley sea turtles?
9. The popular Howrah Bridge spanning the Hooghly River in Kolkata was renamed after which famous Bengali poet and Nobel laureate in 1965?
10. The jaltarang is an Indian percussion instrument that uses water to produce melodic sounds. Which India loving member of The Beatles used this instrument on his album "Gone Troppo"?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.