Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When Sanjana's fiancÚ leaves her for another woman, she decides to conquer her fear of flying to find him and win him back. On the flight she befriends Shekhar, a thief, who uses her to smuggle stolen jewellery through the customs at the airport. In a bid to get the necklace back from Sanjana, Shekhar ends up pretending to be her lover to make her ex-fiancÚ jealous.
What's the name of the Hollywood original?
2. Pooja, the spoilt daughter of a widowed shipping tycoon, falls in love with a movie star. Her father disapproves of this match prompting her to run away. On her way to meet her lover, she meets a reporter, Raghu, who has just lost his job. He agrees to help her in return for a scoop that would help him restart his career. Their plans go awry when they end up falling in love and after a few misunderstandings are resolved, they walk away into the sunset together.
Which Hollywood movie does the plot seem to be lifted from?
3. Sanjay suddenly realizes he's in love with his childhood friend Sanjana when she informs him that she's getting married to a doctor she met on a recent holiday. Determined to break this match, he heads back home and tries every trick in the book to get the wedding called off.
Name the Hollywood inspiration.
4. Rhea and Karan first meet on a trip to New York but the encounter ends on a bitter note. Over the years they keep bumping into each other on various occasions even as Rhea gets married and then becomes a young widow. It's only after several years of friendship that they realize they're in love with each other.
Which Hollywood movie does this sound familiar to?
5. Rohit and Kiran are both aspiring singers who fall in love and marry amidst parental opposition. As time passes, Kiran realizes that her ambitions are neglected while she is left to look after the house and bring up their son. Fed up, she one day leaves the house in search of her dream. Rohit suddenly finds himself stuck as a single parent and struggles to cope with the situation. Slowly he forms a strong bond with his son as they both learn to live without Kiran. Months later Kiran, now a successful actress, returns to claim her son and a bitter custody battle ensues.
Which Hollywood movie inspired this remake?
6. Priya is stuck in a loveless marriage with Vikram who mentally and physically abuses her. Unable to take any more of it, she stages her own death and then moves to a new city after assuming a different identity. There she meets and ultimately falls in love with Raj. Despite knowing about her past, Raj agrees to marry her. Unfortunately Vikram realizes that Priya's alive and is determined to get revenge. The movie ends with Priya killing Vikram in self defence.
Name the Hollywood romantic thriller that inspired this movie.
7. Karan, a playboy, meets Priya on a cruise liner and despite her initial hesitation to befriend him, they soon realize they're in love. However both are already engaged to other people and are hence unable to take their relationship forward. They agree to meet at a particular place after a certain period if they still feel as strongly about each other then. Unfortunately Priya meets with an accident on her way to their rendezvous and has to have both her legs amputated. Unwilling to be a burden to Karan, she doesn't inform him about the accident and he assumes that she had changed her mind about him. Sometime later he sees her at a concert but doesn't realize that she's an invalid. He later goes to her house to give her a piece of jewellery where he finds his own painting hanging in her room.
Which classic Hollywood film has this plot been borrowed from?
8. Prem is a self professed 'love guru' who helps other guys get together with the women of their dreams. One of his clients is Bhaskar who's in love with his boss, Priya. While helping Bhaskar, Prem is also pursuing Naina, a journalist whom he has fallen for himself. Unfortunately, a guy whom Prem had refused to 'coach' has a one night stand with Naina's friend and then dumps her citing Prem's advice. Prem then has to clear his name and win back Naina.
Which date movie 'inspired' this Bollywood hit?
9. When Raj sees Pooja get knocked down by a train, he rushes her to the hospital. Once there, her family assumes that he's Romi, the guy Pooja had eloped with against their wishes. Raj doesn't correct their mistake and continues to pretend that he's Pooja's fiancÚ while she's in a coma. While waiting for Pooja to recover, he ends up falling in love with her best friend, Jhanvi. When Pooja does recover, she promptly falls for Raj too, complicating matters further.
Name the movie that was the source of this 'inspiration'.
10. Arun is an unsuccessful television anchor who has an unrequited crush on fellow anchor, Alia. Things start going downhill for Arun when he loses his job at the same time that Alia gravitates towards a new colleague, Rocky. He blames God for the mess in his life who then offers to let him take over the control of the universe for ten days. Arun uses his new found powers to destroy Rocky's career and win over Alia. In the process, he also tries to grant the wishes of everybody creating an even bigger mess. Finally he accepts his mistakes and God gives him another chance to start over afresh.
What is the name of the original?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.