Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Not only did the author take ten years to write this novel, at a viewing time of 3 hours and 44 minutes, the movie based on it was the longest film at the time of its release. Which epic spanning the American Civil War and subsequent Reconstruction Era was written by Margaret Mitchell and made into a film by David O. Selznick?
2. The foundation stone for this beautiful Parisian cathedral was laid in 1163 but it took almost two more centuries for the entire edifice to be completed. Which Roman Catholic cathedral, notably referenced in one of Victor Hugo's well known works, was in the making for nearly two hundred years?
3. At the death of his favourite wife, which grief stricken Mughal emperor commissioned an elaborate mausoleum for her known as the Taj Mahal that took more than twenty years to complete?
4. The oldest and only surviving Ancient Wonder, the Great Pyramid of Giza is another tomb that was around twenty years in the making. Which Egyptian pharaoh was this tomb built for?
5. Discovered only recently in 1974, in which country was an army of terracotta warriors created over a period of almost 40 years in the 3rd century B.C. as a form of funerary art for the emperor?
6. Which best-selling fantasy trilogy, set in the fictional land of Middle Earth, was written over the course of twelve years from 1937 to 1949?
7. When the Indian film "Mughal-E-Azam" released in 1960, it was both the costliest Indian film made till then and the highest grossing one. The plot revolved around the love story between Prince Salim, heir to the Mughal Empire and Anarkali, a courtesan. Which famous historical figure is Prince Salim, son of Akbar, better known as?
8. Which Renaissance artist and sculptor was commissioned to build a tomb for Pope Julius II by the Pope himself, a project which ended up taking almost forty years to complete due to various interruptions?
9. While the exact dates are not clearly known, which famous painting of a woman with an enigmatic smile was in the making for almost sixteen years?
10. Carved out of the mountainside over the course of twenty years, in which of these countries are the rock cut Abu Simbel temples located?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.