Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We tend to think of diamonds as colorless gemstones, but they can come in almost any color imaginable. What is the rarest naturally occurring diamond color?
2. Red cars get more speeding tickets, proportionately, than cars of other colors.
3. There was one area where color definitely made a difference in the United States in the early 20th century - skin color. Which black actress, known for low budget horror movies and adventure films such as "Jungle Woman" and "Tarzan and the Leopard Woman," successfully passed as white in Hollywood for many years in the 1940s and 1950s?
4. When the Pope dies, the Cardinals meet in the Sistine Chapel and vote in secret sessions until a new Pope is selected. The only communication with the outside world is by means of smoke signals. What color smoke from the chimney indicates that a new Pope has been elected?
5. We are used to wearing pretty much whatever clothing we want, or at least any clothing we can afford, but this was not always the case. In Elizabethan England, unless you were a member of the nobility, you could get in a lot of trouble if your new dress or tunic was what color?
6. Auto racing is a sport where colored flags are an important part of controlling the race. Do NASCAR and Formula 1 racing use the same flags?
7. A European and an American roulette wheel each contain 18 red numbers and 18 black numbers. But they contain different numbers of what color?
8. Another place where color can make a difference is at a dog show. Suppose you own a beautiful Cocker Spaniel you have named "Snowball" because she is pure white in color. You decide you want to enter her in the Westminster Kennel Club's annual dog show. Snowball is a beautiful dog with perfect conformation and a lovely temperament. Since pure white is a rare color for Cocker Spaniels, how would this affect her chances of winning?
9. Can color make a difference when it comes to your wallet? You bet! If someone were to offer you a euro note of your choice, and you could only base your decision on color, which color should you choose to receive the most money?
10. Can color make a difference in how attractive you are to the opposite sex? Most people in the world have some shade of brown eyes, but many people find blue eyes to be the most attractive. What country has the highest percentage of blue-eyed people?
Source: Author daver852
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.