Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Traditionally what colour are wedding dresses in the UK and many other Western cultures?
2. It is believed to be bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her dress before the wedding. True or false?
3. What are the names used in the UK for the bride's and groom's pre-wedding parties?
4. It is traditional for the bride to toss her bouquet after the wedding. What is the significance attached to the woman who catches the bouquet?
5. It is traditional for couples to save the top tier of their wedding cake for use at another celebration - which one?
6. It is considered lucky if the bride sees a chimney sweep on her wedding day. True or false?
7. Who traditionally accompanies the bride down the aisle at the start of the wedding?
8. Although less common these days what was traditionally tied to the back of the car that the bride and groom left in after the wedding?
9. According to tradition who is supposed to pay for the wedding?
10. It is common for a piece of music called the 'Bridal Chorus' to be played as the bride walks down the aisle. From which opera by Wagner is this piece from?
Source: Author HCR1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.