Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Just prior to the running of the Kentucky Derby, what tune or song is played each year as the starters complete their parade and move out onto the track?
2. About a year before the signing of the Declaration of Independence the 13 colonies, in congress, appointed the first Commander-In-Chief of their army. Who was he?
3. The constitution of the Union came into effect on March 4th, 1789 (the first Wednesday of the month), and George Washington was inaugurated as its first President at the end of the following month. Prior to that inauguration date (April 30th, 1789) who was the outgoing president (sic) under the previous constitutional document, the Articles of Confederation?
4. Robert E. Lee married the great-granddaughter of which President's wife?
5. There are nine judges who sit on the Supreme Court. There were originally six, for a period of time there were ten, plus other sizes in between. If Congress decided to reduce the size of the Supreme Court to eight, which justice would be required to vacate his or her seat on the bench?
6. During which years were there ten justices sitting on the Supreme Court bench?
7. These four States - Missouri, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin - were admitted to the Union in the same month (but in different years).
8. What do Presidents Lincoln and Madison have in common?
9. In 1992 the Supreme Court handed down its decision in the case of Mississippi v. Louisiana. Apart from some technical legal arguments what was the dispute in this case?
10. Which of these tennis players has won a set 6-0 without conceding a single point?
Source: Author gtho4
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Terry
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.