Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You fly into Denver International Airport (the fourth busiest airport in the country and the tenth busiest in the world, not to mention the largest airport in North America) and you are astounded by its interesting architectural style. The main terminal seems to be under huge, white, spiked, tent-like structures and you are immediately confused when you step into the concourse. You ask an airport employee where to go and he tells you the only way for you to get from either Concourse B or Concourse C to the terminal to retrieve your luggage is how?
2. You rent a car at DIA and make your way to I-70, heading west. In no time at all you are in the heart of Denver, the beautiful capital of Colorado. You pass a sign that displays some of the city's vital statistics. What is the elevation of this cosmopolitan city?
3. The family wants to stay in Denver for a little while and take in a ball game. Perhaps you want to see the Colorado Rockies play baseball. What about football with those Denver Broncos? You decide you want to see the Colorado Avalanche strut their stuff on the ice, but you can't remember where they play. You make a quick phone call to a hockey buff you know and you are told that they play where?
4. Okay, one more day a mile above sea level. On your way to the Avalanche game you spotted what looked like an amusement park right next to the Pepsi Center. You ask your hotel concierge if she knows anything about it and she hands you a brochure for Six Flags _______ ________.
5. After a very long day at the amusement park, you decide to depart Denver. You head northwest on US36 about thirty-five miles to see the University of Colorado in what town?
6. You continue driving north on Highway 36 for another hour and you reach Estes Park, a beautiful town that is right next-door to Rocky Mountain National Park. You spend the night in the historic Stanley Hotel, which you recall from watching "Dumb and Dumber." You overhear another guest saying that Stephen King wrote half of one of his most famous novels in room 217. Of which novel does the guest speak?
7. After a day of exploring Rocky Mountain National Park you decide to venture even further into the depths of the Rockies. You head south on Highway 34 to Highway 40, keep going south and you eventually hit I-70 at a town called Empire. Go west on I-70 for seventeen miles until you reach a long tunnel that appears to go right THROUGH the mountains. You glance at the sign and realize that you are about to go through what famous tunnel?
8. You spend a couple of days exploring some of the world's premier ski resorts, including Keystone, Breckenridge and Vail. From Vail you head south on Highway 24 for thirty-two miles until you reach the highest incorporated city in all of North America (time for that oxygen tank!). Where are you now?
9. Your family begs you to flee to lower ground to allow their lungs to re-expand. You give in to their requests and continue on your trek down US24 to State Highway 291. This road first takes you southeast, then east, right to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park. You realize that you are only nine miles west of what city?
10. Now you are only 67 miles south of Denver and just thirty-five miles southwest of your final destination before you go back to Denver. This city is home to the historic Broadmoor Hotel and the elite United States Air Force Academy. As you enter the city from the south side a sign tells you that you are in Colorado Springs.
Source: Author Ruthie727
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.