Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The oldest city in Alabama is Mobile. What group of European settlers first established a presence in the city of Mobile?
2. Sometimes called Alaska's "First City", this city is also known as the "Salmon Capital of the World". It acquired the nickname "First City" because of its location in the south-easternmost corner of the state, thus making it the first city that many tourists and cruise ships encounter in the vastness of Alaska.
What Alaska city boasts the world's largest collection of standing totem poles?
3. When most people think of Arizona, they think of a very warm to hot climate, and with good reason - the state lies in the desert southwest area of the United States. What, though, was the coldest temperature (Fahrenheit) recorded in the state in 1971?
4. The capital of Arkansas, Little Rock, obtained its name from the French "la Petite Roche" which translates as "the Little Rock". Where is the namesake for the city to be found?
5. California, once thought to be an island, was later also a country in its own right.
6. Why was Colorado nicknamed the "Centennial State"?
7. Connecticut may not be the home of modern aviation, (that title belongs to North Carolina), but it was the home to another marvel of the skies. When a Russian immigrant named Igor Sikorsky created a company that mass-produced this invention, he did so in Stratford, Connecticut.
What did his company help to mass produce, even though he did not actually invent the device himself?
8. Delaware was among the original thirteen British colonies that later became the United States. They each individually had to ratify the constitution of the nation. In which placement did Delaware fall in ratifying the Constitution?
9. "La Florida" was so named by Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon because he arrived during the Easter season when all the flowers were in bloom.
10. Georgia has four ports that operate under the Georgia Ports Authority. Two of these are sea ports, while the other two are river ports.
What cities in Georgia are associated with these ports?
Source: Author logcrawler
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.