Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We've packed all our walking gear and can't wait to get to the Black Forest. In which state of Germany must we visit in order to get there?
2. As a base to visit the southern part of the Black Forest we have chosen a large city on the south western edge of the forest. It features a notable Gothic minster and a health and safety nightmare - uncovered water carrying runnels called Bächle! Where will we be staying?
3. For our first foray into the Black Forest, we decide to trek through the
Höllental. What does the name of this natural wonder mean when translated?
4. You couldn't go to the Black Forest and not see one of these. A particular favourite of Orson Welles, which of the following objects might you be aiming to purchase in the multitude of shops in Triberg?
5. One of Europe's longest and most important rivers rises in the Black Forest. Its flow commences close to the town of Donaueschingen. Which river?
6. A visit to the Black Forest is not complete without paying a visit to Triberg. Which natural feature are we going here to see?
7. It looks like we forgot to pack something! Not only is the Black Forest a walker's paradise, but it is also a destination for another sporting activity. Which of the following has specific facilities sited at Hinterzarten?
8. Fancying a break from walking, we take a train ride through a beautiful valley. The Kinzig Valley is home to several small towns and villages with a rural, traditional German feel to them. What type of houses would you expect to see in this part of the Black Forest?
9. Calw is one of the Black Forest's prettiest towns. It was also the home of an important German writer, who was full of longing for the beautiful town that he called home. Including among his works the 1920s novel "Steppenwolf", who was this literary genius?
10. After all that walking, I think we've earned a nice rest. As a special treat, we are going to visit a spa town that came to prominence during the 19th century. The likes of Queen Victoria and Fyodor Dostoyevsky have made it here before us. Where might we be going?
Source: Author ajwtimperley
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.