Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Not surprisingly, the signs at the train station in Cardiff are in English and Welsh. What is Welsh for "Cardiff Central"?
2. The Baycar takes you from the train station to Porth Teigr, where I took this picture standing near the Norwegian Church. What town lies directly across the bay?
3. A short walk led me to this modern glass and steel structure. What type of people work in this building?
4. The Pierhead Building is well known for its elaborate exterior. What kind of earthenware covers the building?
5. The large plaza directly north of the harbor in Cardiff Bay is named after what famous Welsh writer?
6. The Millennium Center is one of the most dramatic buildings in Cardiff. It is notable for a line of poetry on the front by which Welsh poet?
7. This building, the Coal Exchange, was at the heart of the Industrial Revolution, when Cardiff was one of the world's largest coal centers. In the 21st century, the building was converted to what other purpose?
8. Standing at the corner of Stuart Street and Adelaide, you can see a large museum called Techniquest. The museum has moved several times. When was it built at this location?
9. A little farther down along Stuart street, you come to a large shopping center. What is this large waterfront shopping district called?
10. The large blue building on the right (which appears to be bigger on the inside) is a museum dedicated to what long-running British television series?
Source: Author parrotman2006
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.