Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There is a city in northern New South Wales that holds a country music festival on an annual basis. What is the name of this place, that also shares its name with a breed of pig?
2. There is a small country town in New South Wales that became famous (or should I say infamous) for conducting a town-wide DNA collection of the male residents in 1999 after a violent crime in that town. Where was this done?
3. An unusual geological feature, comprising of almost-perfectly hexagonal basalt rocks formed via volcanic activity, shares its features with The Giant's Causeway in Ireland. What is the place in New South Wales called?
4. Western Plains Zoo is located just outside which NSW city/town?
5. There was a place I used to visit as a girl - it had lots of dinosaurs, and if you put a coin in the slot, the animals would make "Roar"ing noises and move. One even spat water! What was this place called, and near which town was it?
6. This town is renowned the world over for producing beautiful opals. What is it called?
7. Lots of international tourists go to this northern New South Wales town for a dip in the famous Artesian Bore Baths. What is the name of this place?
8. The Narrabri area is famous for its production of cotton. What is the name of the centre built in the town of Narrabri to promote the cotton industry?
9. There is a highway out here near Narrabri named after the local Aboriginal people. What is the name of the highway?
10. There is a large state forest west/south west of Narrabri. Much of the Newell Highway drive to Coonabarabran takes you through this forest, and legend has it that a "Yowie" lives here. What is the name of the Forest?
Source: Author ecnalubma
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.