Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Newcastle lies along the banks of the Hunter River.
2. The largest permanent saltwater lake in the southern hemisphere is located just south of Newcastle. What is its name?
3. A long stretch of white sand arcs off into the distance just north of Newcastle. What is the name of this beach?
4. In May, 1974 a terrible storm wreaked havoc on Newcastle and resulted in a cargo ship being stranded on Stockton Beach. What was the name of this ship?
5. One of the most influential rock bands to grace the contemporary era were born and bred in Newcastle. The three members of the band grew up together here. Who are they?
6. This suburb of Newcastle is generally regarded as the Red Light district and is associated with street walkers. Can you name it?
7. If I wanted a multi-cultural meal, I would be sure to find one in this diverse and interesting suburb.
8. This suburb of Newcastle shares its name with the floral emblem of New South Wales. Where am I?
9. Every year a world-renowned surfing competition is held on Newcastle Beach, which has attracted the likes of Kelly Slater, Mark Richards, Andy Irons and Layne Beachley over the years. What is the name of this competition?
10. One for the sports fans to finish on: Newcastle's Rugby League team in the NRL are the Newcastle _______?
Source: Author jesterhat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.