Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We start our journey in Sydney at the start of the trip in North Sydney. We travel through the leafy Northern Suburbs, stopping for traffic lights every couple of minutes. You decide to take the quick versus scenic route and take the M1. Which of these suburbs have on-ramps for this Pacific Highway up-grade?
2. You decide to do things the easy way and travel north on all the new sections of this road. The F3 with its dual carriage-way takes you smoothly past the Central Coast and another major New South Wales city. What is this city with its port used heavily for the coal industry called?
3. The Pacific Highway between Newcastle and Taree is the main road that is taken by many to get to towns for weekend getaways. To reach which of these places would you not take the Pacific Highway out of Sydney and past Newcastle?
4. As we get to the four hour mark and feel that we have been on the road long enough, we see the turn-off to one of the larger towns and decide to stop there for morning tea. This town is a 'Port' named after one of Australia's early governors. Which governor was it?
5. The mid-north coast was the location of a few convict settlements, which you can see in some of the remaining structures. Trial Bay was the site of a prison which remains standing out on the point. This beautiful bay and historic site is in which township?
6. You've got to half way, Coffs Harbour. As you reach the northern edge of the town, you see one of the oversize, fibreglass, 'tourist-attractions' ahead. What is this giant, yellow object in the shape of?
7. Continuing our journey north we leave the banana plantations behind for scrub forest all the way to Grafton. However after Grafton there is another crop that takes over the road-side vista. You turn to your mate in the car and comment that they seem to grow a lot of this crop in New South Wales. What is this crop?
8. As we travel further north the scenery changes and everything becomes very green and lush and have now arrived on the Far North Coast. About half an hour north of Ballina, you drive over the crest of a hill, and a magnificent vista opens up before you. Beautiful farmland, mountains in the distance and a large bay to your left - if you are lucky you might see dolphins or even a whale (well if you have binoculars). What is the name of this busy tourist destination that is the home of the Blues and Roots Festival over Easter?
9. You have finally gotten through the mess that is the border between NSW and Queensland, where the road goes from being a great dual-carriageway, back to a main thoroughfare in a urban environment and back again. As you travel towards your destination, you see that there are theme parks up ahead. Which of these is NOT a theme park you will find on the Gold Coast during your Queensland stay?
10. You have almost arrived at your destination - Brisbane. Which of these is a nickname for the city you are entering?
Source: Author westwingitis
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.