Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Gibraltarian culture and customs have been greatly influenced by British, Spanish and which other culture?
2. Over the centuries, Gibraltar has been occupied or inhabited by a number of different civilisations and peoples. Which of these is *NOT* one of them?
3. The current location of the Gibraltar Museum incorporates the remains of which kind of archaeological site into its construction?
4. Since it came under British command in 1704, the Spanish have made several attempts to recapture the Rock in the form of "sieges". One of these is known as the "Great Siege" and took place over which time period?
5. During the time of the Great Siege, it is believed that the national dish of "Calentita" was widely eaten, using the limited ingredients that were available to the local people. "Calentita" is made mostly from ingredient?
6. During the Second World War, civilians (mostly women and children) were evacuated.
7. The local song "Llevame Donde Naci" came into being during the time when Spain's border with Gibraltar was closed.
8. Onto some national symbols now. The national flag and Arms of Gibraltar feature which landmark?
9. Which of these is considered the national bird of Gibraltar?
10. Gibraltar celebrates its National Day on which day?
11. Time for another musical question! The singer/songwriter Albert Hammond is originally Gibraltarian.
12. Gibraltar is home to a number of budding authors, most of whom are just published locally but who are nonetheless talented. Which of these is *NOT* a book written by a Gibraltarian?
13. Several famous people have tied the knot on the Rock. Which of the couples below got married in Gibraltar?
14. Baby girls born in Gibraltar often have their ears pierced soon after birth.
15. To finish off, I want you to fill in the blank in this line of Gibraltar's anthem. "Gibraltar, Gibraltar __________________________".
Source: Author DigitalAngel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.