Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the largest city in population in Lithuania? The city is famous for its unique Old Town, great Gediminas Castle, Gothic St. Ann's Church and more.
2. What is the second largest (in population) city of Lithuania? It stands on the confluence of the Neris and Nemunas river, in the middle of the country.
3. This town is the most popular Baltic Sea resort in Lithuania.
4. What was Lithuania's first historical capital? The town was first mentioned in 1279, when it was besieged by Teutonic Knights.
5. This town is another Baltic sea resort, which is located in Kuršių Nerija (Curonian Spit). It is a very quiet place with green pine forests, lovely old wooden houses and, of course, remarkable dunes. Can you tell me what town I'm talking about?
6. What is the main seaport and the third largest city by population in Lithuania? It was former German city called Memel (Memelburg).
7. In which town you could hardly understand "Lithuanian" language even if you are Lithuanian because of the special dialect?
8. Which city (and its surrounding area) was captured by Poland in the period of 1919-1939?
9. This town also was a capital of Lithuania. It is probably the most attractive place in the country. There is a great castle, which was built on an island in Lake Galve.
10. What is the main town in the region of Aukštaitija (Higher Lithuania/Highlands)? It is famous for a lot of lakes in that area.
Source: Author hexo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.