Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Worcester is on the western side of England. Which river flows through the centre of the city?
2. Worcester Cathedral dominates the city's skyline. Which English king's tomb lies inside the church?
3. The Commandery in Worcester became a museum in 1977, but in the 17th century, it was the headquarters for the Royalist army during wartime. What is the war now known as?
4. The University of Worcester boosted the city's economy at the start of the 21st century. Which year was it granted full university status?
5. Worcester was home to Europe's first joint public and university library. The proposed design created a buzz in the city. What was the name of the huge gold building standing next to the river?
6. Which natural disaster is Worcester prone to, such as the ones in 1672 and 2014?
7. New Road was a sports venue in Worcester that opened in 1896. Which sport was played there?
8. Which famous English composer is the subject of a statue at the end of Worcester's High Street?
9. Worcester's origins date back to Roman times, if not earlier. What kind of structure was built around the old town, parts of which can still be seen today?
10. Which natural landmark can be seen to the south-west of Worcester from high vantage points in the city?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.