Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What famous American was presented with the Medal of Freedom by President Lyndon Johnson in December 1963?
2. Which female athlete won silver in the heptathlon at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympcis, then gold in 1988 and 1992, earning her the accolade of "the greatest multi-event female athlete in history"? (She was the first female to break 7,000 points in this event in July 1986).
3. Who completed the novel 'Go Tell It On the Mountain' in 1953?
4. Who earned a Master's Degree in Agriculture in 1896 at Iowa State Agricultural College?
5. Who did President Kennedy nominate for Judge of the 2nd Court of Appeals in 1961?
6. Who was the first African-American to serve as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
7. Who said, 'I never run my train off the track and never lost a passenger'?
8. Who was born Caryn Elaine Johnson?
9. Who said,'Certainly I don't want to die, but if anyone has to die let it be me'?
10. What journalist and writer was born in Ithaca N.Y. and grew up in Tennessee?
Source: Author finlady
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.