Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first colonist slain in the Boston Massacre?
2. This botanist, born a slave, became famous for his contributions to agricultural science. Who was this man, grand promoter of peanuts, sweet potatoes and soybeans, widely credited with inventing peanut butter?
3. Who wrote 'Go Tell It on the Mountain' and 'Notes of a Native Son'?
4. What author of 'Song of Solomon' won the Nobel Prize for literature?
5. The U.S. Emancipation Proclamation, signed in 1863, legally freed slaves in what areas?
6. What U.S. President signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law?
7. What Supreme Court decision decreed that public schools should be integrated?
8. What is the arduous sea journey slaves made from West Africa to the Americas called?
9. What slave sued for freedom in the 1840s, claiming that since he was in a free state, it was illegal for his master to keep him in bondage? His case was finally decided by the Supreme Court in 1857.
10. A man called Cinque led a successful rebellion aboard what slave ship in the mid-nineteenth century?
Source: Author CellarDoor
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.