Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Whose refusal to give up her seat on a public bus sparked a boycott of Montgomery, AL buses from 1955-1956?
2. What was the name of the organization founded by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
3. What was Malcolm X's birth name?
4. Who was the most famous conductor of the Underground Railroad?
5. Who founded PUSH?
6. Whose autobiography is entitled "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
7. Who won four gold medals in the 1936 Olympics held in Berlin, Germany?
8. What boxer's original name is Cassius Clay?
9. What former slave published the newspaper "The North Star"?
10. Who was the first black woman to speak out publicly against slavery?
11. Who assassinated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
12. What primarily black female college was founded by two white women in Atlanta, Georgia?
13. Which fourteen year old black boy was lynched for allegedly whistling at a white woman?
14. What is the oldest civil rights organization still working today?
15. Who founded the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama?
16. Who organized the Million Man March on October 16,1995?
17. Who wrote "Racism 101"?
18. Who was the first female Egyptian Pharoah?
19. Who founded the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party and was known as the '1st Lady of the Civil Rights Movement'?
20. Who founded the Universal Negro Improvement Association?
Source: Author Bethany139
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.