Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the earliest known culture existing on the island of Japan?
2. Murasaki Shikibu wrote what may have been the world's first novel around 1000 A.D. What was its name?
3. What was the name of the first Japanese emperor, who ruled around 600 B.C.?
4. The official introduction of what religion to Japan was dated at 552 A.D.?
5. Which of the following cities has not been a national capital in Japanese history?
6. The period from 858 to 1160 A.D. is sometimes known as the late Heian. It also has a more common name, after a court family that dominated the imperial family during the period. What was this court family name?
7. During the Kamakura period of Japanese history, which lasted from 1185 to 1333 A.D., what was the greatest external threat for the Japanese nation?
8. Many sects of Buddhism became popular in Japan over its many year history. Which of the following was not a popular Buddhist sect at some time or other in Japan?
9. People from what European country were the first to reach Japan?
10. What famous Jesuit priest soon followed the European traders to Japan, initiating the Christian missionary movement there?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.