Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where was the first territorial capital of Kansas?
2. How did John Brown kill the pro-slavery settlers during the Pottawatomie Massacre?
3. Who first proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act?
4. Near what Kansas town did the Marais des Cygnes Massacre take place?
5. Which famous Kansan was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean?
6. Where is the Dwight David Eisenhower presidential library?
7. Which of these towns does Route 66 NOT pass through?
8. Which of these Kansas cities was affected by the dust bowl?
9. Where were the origial Kansas "jayhawkers" created?
10. A famous paleontologist has a musuem dedicated to him in Hays, Kansas. Name this man who is best known for his discovery of a fossil of a fish inside another fish?
11. Mount Sunflower (4,039 feet, 1231 m) is the highest point in Kansas. What county is Mount Sunflower in?
12. What unincorporated town in Graham County Kansas was founded by African Americans who escaped slavery?
13. Which NBA star who went to Kansas University is best known for his 100 point game with the Philadelphia Warriors on March 2, 1962?
14. Which president granted Kansas statehood?
15. Who or what is "Big Brutus"?
Source: Author ACreepyGuy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.