Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the year 404 AD, what happened in Rome for the last time?
2. In 1662 a shipwrecked sailor reported the last sighting of a dodo bird. On which island did these birds once thrive?
3. Juan Antonio Llorente was the last man to hold which post, in 1834?
4. What was the last battle to be held on mainland United States soil?
5. In the year 1582 Pope Gregory XIII declared that the calendars would all switch forward ten days. What was the last Western nation to adopt the Gregorian calendar?
6. In 1936, Rainey Bethea was executed in Kentucky. He was the last American to be what?
7. In what decade was the last person guillotined in France?
8. On February 6, 1989, Chris Gueffroy became the last person to do what?
9. In 2008 Franz Künstler died. Künstler was the last known veteran of the Central Powers forces in World War I. Which country did he fight for?
10. In 2009, Millvina Dean died at the age of 97. She was the last survivor of which disaster?
Source: Author Czolgolz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.