Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Only one of the Seven Ancient Wonders is still intact, but which of these crumbled to the ground in an earthquake in the 2nd century BC?
2. It sure looks like this Turkish building is still standing, but in the sixth century AD, its large dome collapsed in a quake. What former church and mosque is this structure?
3. Before its central spire collapsed in 1549 AD, Lincoln Cathedral, in which country, was considered the tallest building in the world for several centuries?
4. The Lutheran St. Peter's Church in this European capital city collapsed not once, but twice in the span of less than a century. What city is home to this church?
5. What building in Massachusetts was the site of one of the worst industrial disasters in American history after its collapse in 1860?
6. In Boston in 1919, a storage tank containing what substance burst, killing numerous people in the wake of its wave?
7. The St. Francis Dam, completed in California in the 1920s, did not last as a structure for very long. How many years after its completion did it stand?
8. Some buildings are brought down on purpose. Which of these Vegas casinos was the first to be imploded?
9. In 2001, the World Trade Center Buildings in New York were razed during terrorist attacks. Which of these buildings was also destroyed in the aftermath?
10. In 2013, in one of the worst structural failures to date, a garment factory in Savar collapsed in what highly-populated capital city?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.