Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Used over 27,000 years ago, what was an atlatl?
2. Used by the early Greeks in warfare, what was a ballista?
3. What was a cataphract horse?
4. Used during warfare in the Middle Ages, what was a pike?
5. Which country perfected the use of the repeating crossbow in warfare?
6. What invention led to the use of chariots in battle?
7. Though spasmodically used in primitive form earlier, which period saw the mass introduction of firearms and rockets into European warfare?
8. Which was the first fully automatic machine gun?
9. Which century saw warships change from sail power to steam engines?
10. Which war first saw the introduction of armed aircraft as a weapon?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.