Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the primary aircraft of the USAAF at the beginning of WWII?
2. What was the primary plane flown by the top aces of the Pacific Theater?
3. What US plane was unique in its use of a 37mm cannon mounted directly in the propellor hub?
4. Why was the P-51 Mustang so highly regarded and used so extensively toward the end of the war?
5. Versions of the P-38 and P-39 mounted cannons as well as machine guns.
6. Where were the guns of the P-38 Lightning located?
7. What plane was used to carry out the famous Doolittle raid on Tokyo in 1942?
8. The P-47 Thunderbolt was used in the Pacific as well as the Atlantic and European theaters.
9. Who was the highest scoring American ace in the Pacific (and the whole war)?
10. What was the most heavily armed fighter used by the USAAF in the Pacific?
Source: Author cwelch
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.