Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many different types of nickel five-cent coins have there been?
2. Of the following, which is the rarest?
3. The reverse of the Eisenhower Dollar pictures something that no other circulated coin had pictured until then. What was it?
4. Production of the half cent ceased in which year?
5. Someone gives you three coins (all real, legal US currency) totaling 25 cents. One of them is not a nickel (or a half-dime). What did you receive?
Oh yeah, the other two aren't nickels (or half-dimes) either.
6. The phrase "In God We Trust" started to appear on coins around the same time as the phrase "E Pluribus Unum."
7. Which type of coin since 1800 (not including gold coins or commemoratives) was minted for the shortest amount of time?
8. If you like all your coins to be shiny and sparkling clean, you should:
9. Which of the following was not at one time, an engraver for the US Mint?
10. In the blockbuster, 'The Dark Knight', the star has an interesting Peace dollar that he flips many times throughout the movie. Where is the mintmark located on these beautiful coins?
11. A special version of the Roosevelt dime was minted in 1996 to commemorate 50 years of the coin's existence. Where was this coin minted?
12. In coin lingo, what is the antonym of the word "raw?"
13. At one time or another, the United States minted every (integer) denomination of gold coin from $1 to $5.
14. In what year was the first official national government-minted coin released?
15. Which type of coin was minted at the most number of mints?
Source: Author redsoxfan325
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.