Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which historical figure is credited with bringing back from the Far East to Italy a recipe for a frozen dessert?
2. Ice cream was made available to the general public for the first time in what country?
3. Ice cream was being enjoyed in Europe and in the Far East thousand of years before the United States even existed. About what year was ice cream historically documented as being enjoyed in America?
4. While ice cream used to be considered a unique dessert to be enjoyed only by the elite, insulated ice houses made ice cream more accessible for everyone. About how many gallons were produced in 1899?
5. How did the sundae come to be invented?
6. Italo Marchiony was awarded a patent in December 1903 for what phenomenal contribution to the ice cream industry?
7. So enough of the history lesson, let's talk about ice cream. Ice cream is a fairly simple dessert in terms of ingredients, nevertheless, the main ingredient is milk. Which one of these frozen desserts does not contain any dairy ingredients?
8. US Federal standards state that ice cream must have at least what percent of milkfat?
9. While the best storing temperature is at -5 degrees to 0 degrees Celsius, what is the ideal dipping or serving temperature?
10. Many famous historical figures and celebrities have enjoyed ice cream through the ages. Who is credited with this quote concerning ice cream? "We dare not trust our wit for making our house pleasant to our friend so we buy ice cream".
Source: Author 57wordsmith
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.