Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What wildflower is a descendent of the carrot, a garden vegetable that "went on the lam" a long time ago?
2. Residents of which country eat the most corn per capita?
3. Up until the late 16th century what vegetable did the French think caused leprosy? (I'll bet you didn't see this one coming.)
4. What are the two most popular vegetables in the US?
5. What vegetable became a favorite of kids because of a cartoon? Quit thinking about Bugs Bunny!
6. The slaves brought no vegetables with them to the New World that are still in use today.
7. What is a favorite vegetable of the lily family? (If not picked they will grow into large fern-like plants.)
8. This one needs no hint. What vegetable's name means "large pearl"?
9. What's so cool about a cucumber? Is it really cool?
10. What New World vegetables have been cultivated for more than nine thousand years?
Source: Author tigey
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.