Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A very popular dish containing lamb, carrots, leeks, swede, potatoes cooked in one pot, using flour to add body. Parsley, salt and pepper is used for enhancing taste. What is the name of this very traditional dish?
2. A tasty meal whose ingredients are, a sheep's pluck, dry oatmeal, suet, stock, onions, pepper and salt. Which dish am I describing?
3. A very simple fried dish made from cabbage and potatoes (and/or any other leftover vegetables) is better known as what?
4. Another simple dish, seaweed and oatmeal fried in bacon fat, an acquired taste. What is it?
5. This traditional food is hundreds of years old. Diced skirt steak, onions, potatoes, swede, salt and pepper added to taste, all cooked in a shortcrust pastry. What am I describing?
6. Although not strictly British Grub, this dish has been claimed as part of England's heritage. You need lamb, stewing steak, beef stock, onions, potatoes ,carrots, salt, pepper and fresh thyme.What am I cooking?
7. One of my favourite dishes is made with jam, shortcrust pastry, ground almonds, caster sugar, butter, eggs and a drop of vanilla essence. What am I describing?
8. One of my favourite seaside treats as a child was to eat one of these. Made in a tall glass, the base was a mixture of fruits, strawberry, grape, melon etc. This was followed by 3 scoops of ice cream, vanilla and strawberry, plus peach melba sauce and whipped cream. A fan shaped wafer was added and a cherry placed on the top. What treat is it?
9. A great favourite in the UK would rarely be cooked at home, people preferring to buy in the local take-away. The ingredients are fish, potatoes and oil. What am I talking about (the most common name)?
10. Sunday would not be Sunday without this dish. The ingredients are eggs, flour, milk, water and oil. Add salt and pepper. What dish is this?
Source: Author mochyn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.