Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sherry trifle is a Christmas-time favourite in Britain. A key ingredient for a good trifle is a low density, egg-based, digit-shaped sponge biscuit which can be soaked in sherry and suspended in fruit-flavoured jelly under layers of custard and cream. What do many British people call this key ingredient?
2. The Knickerbocker Glory is a British favourite with both children and adults alike. Its key ingredient is a dairy-based, frozen treat usually served in a cone. What is this key ingredient?
3. Arctic Roll is a British dessert which features a roll of vanilla ice cream covered in sponge cake. A sauce made from what key ingredient is spread between the ice cream and the cake?
4. Bakewell Tart is a British dessert which consists of a shortcrust pastry case, filled with a layer of jam and a sponge-like filling called "frangipane", which is made using which key ingredient?
5. A Battenberg Cake may sound German, but it is a British creation! What key ingredient, made using almond meal, covers yellow and pink pieces of cake, laid out in a checkerboard design and held together with apricot jam?
6. Spotted Dick is a pudding made in Britain from flour, currants or raisins and what key ingredient, which is actually raw beef or mutton fat?
7. A Cranachan is a Scottish dessert, which is usually a mixture of whipped cream, honey, raspberries and with toasted oats. What is the key, boozy, ingredient which makes this British dessert special?
8. A Gypsy Tart is usually made using brown sugar, pastry and which other key ingredient that might also be known as "unsweetened, dehydrated cow produce"?
9. Eccles Cakes (also known as "Squashed Fly Cakes") are small, round cakes made with flaky pastry, butter, sugar and what other key, dried, ingredient?
10. The key ingredients in Harry Potter's favourite British dessert are shortcrust pastry, golden syrup, breadcrumbs and lemon juice. What is this British classic?
Source: Author suzidunc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.