Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first step to take before cooking chilaquiles is to know what it means. The word "chilaquiles", as many other Spanish words, comes from the Nahuatl language. What would "chilaquiles" literally translate to?
2. Chilaquiles' most basic component is fried tortillas. To prepare chilaquiles, the first thing you have to do is warm up some oil and fry tortillas in a specific shape. Which geometric shape traditionally makes up the tortillas in chilaquiles?
3. The next step in preparing chilaquiles is to boil tomatoes and chilies together. When would be the right time to remove the tomatoes from the fire?
4. After the tomatoes are finished boiling, the next step is to put them and the chilies in a blender. Which other ingredients would you add to the mixture before blending?
5. When the sauce is completely blended, pour it into a previously warmed pot and cook. Which herb is used to add flavor to the sauce?
6. So now the sauce is ready and it's hot enough. The next step is to put the fried tortilla chips in the sauce, so that they are completely covered by it. And you're ready to serve! What is the prime time to serve chilaquiles?
7. Now the chilaquiles are served on a plate, and they're ready to be eaten. However, to enhance taste and display, which ingredient, which has the scientific name of Allium cepa, can be chopped and directly added to the chilaquiles?
8. Chilaquiles are often served with cheese, most times it is "queso fresco". What is the proper translation of the Spanish word "fresco" in this context?
9. Which dairy product is used to add flavor to chilaquiles, while reducing their spicy taste?
10. Finally, which fruit, which contains monounsaturated fats, can also be used to decorate the chilaquiles?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.