Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We need a smooth béchamel, lines of long, wide and flat pasta, a good ragu meat sauce and cheese, lots of cheese and finish it in the oven till golden brown! What am I describing that is indeed perfect?
2. I have an order for this dish in New York. This sandwich is a classic combo of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian dressing between two slices of white rye bread, toasted! What is this great sandwich?
3. In restaurant downtime, we would quite often make chow mein to use up the leftovers. What is the main ingredient of my perfect chow mein?
4. Break time is over, we have another order from the all day breakfast menu! We have an eggs Benedict on the window but I'm missing something, where is the sauce? Name the sauce normally served on a perfect eggs Benedict.
5. This is not perfect, the soup came back to the window. Are they saying this soup with links to Indian cuisine is too spicy? Its name means 'pepper water' for crying out loud! What is this soup I'm talking about?
6. Do not move! This plate is missing something for perfection, there is no garnish on my dessert! I need a mint leaf on this chocolate lava cake. It is also known by another name. Which is it?
7. Somebody ordered a drink, and it seems this guy is having a hangover, because he ordered this cocktail with tomato juice and vodka for a pick-me-up. Not sure how to tell it to him, but it may not work, so I'll give him the non-alcoholic version, which to me is perfect! What is this drink?
8. My chefs are prepping the last few orders, this special for the day is a refreshing salad of Arabic inspiration. Its name means 'seasoning' or 'dip'. What is this perfect green (and red) item?
9. It's the final ticket of the night! Someone's ordered our famous apple pie, but wait, our caramelised apple mix is missing our secret ingredient, star anise! What can it be substituted for in an apple pie?
10. The shift is over! We've cleaned up and gone out, so let's end it with a bang! We wanted to make a killer recipe so I decided to take some cooking skills from the Maoris of New Zealand. What are we going to have?
Source: Author Abby_91
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.