Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From 1902 until 1949 only two basic colours were used to print the lowest value stamps in the UK and many other countries. What were they?
2. What name is given to the pre printed and stamped envelopes and letter sheets issued at the same time as the 1d black and 2d blue stamps?
3. On sheets of stamps printed by Harrisons between 1972 and 1979 spots of colour appeared in the gutter between one pair of stamps per sheet. What are they known as?
4. The pair of stamps with the spots between them are worth less than a pair without.
5. Who was the first non Royal to appear on a UK stamp?
6. Where are the headquarters of the Universal Postal Union?
7. The Cape of Good Hope issued the world's first triangular stamp.
8. To a postal historian, what are Maltese Crosses and Spoons?
9. Which country issued the first self adhesive stamp?
10. In the UK, until the arrival of the Penny Post, the recipient was expected to pay for any mail they received.
Source: Author romeomikegolf
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.