Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Jamaican jerk spice has two main ingredients; one of them being a spice that is called "pimento" in Jamaica. It is also called the Jamaica pepper, kurundu, and myrtle pepper. What spice is this?
2. Jamaican jerk spice uses a very hot pepper to give it flavor. In fact, this pepper is rated around 100,000-350,000 on the Scoville scale. What pepper gives Jamaican jerk its spicy flavor?
3. This spice is usually used whole or ground, but has a very strong flavor, so it isn't used in large quantities. In Mexican cooking, this spice is often paired with cinnamon and cumin. What spice is this?
4. Sticks of this spice are often called "quills". These quills can be ground to give hot chocolate a nice flavor, or to make snickerdoodles. What spice is this?
5. Green onions are also used in the making of Jamaican jerk spice. By what other name are green onions known?
6. This spice comes from the same plant as mace. It can be used ground or whole. When it is purchased whole, it is often ground, or zested, onto or into many dishes, such as on top of egg nog. It is similar in appearance to a small walnut. What spice is this?
7. This herb has many different varieties, such as the lemon, orange, and silver varieties. This herb has a wonderful flavor, but it is not too overpowering, so it can be used in larger quantities. What herb is this?
8. This spice might keep vampires away, but it is delicious in Jamaican jerk spice. It is a relative of the onion, but it has a very different flavor. Some people like to eat this raw or roasted, others like it in a buttery spread put on bread to eat with spaghetti. What spice is this?
9. Of course, no seasoning is complete without these two very common spices, used in almost every savory dish. What are these two extremely common spices, which you can find in shakers at many restaurants?
10. Jamaican jerk spice is delicious in itself, but the method of cooking the meats with the spice also gives it a distinct flavor. What is the prefered method to cook Jamaican jerk?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.