Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If someone thinks you ought to skedaddle, what is it they want you to do?
2. The old codger thinks things are in fine fettle. Which of the following is words/phrases is nearest in meaning to "fine fettle"?
3. Footloose and fancy free, George will soon be tripping the light fantastic. In which of the following activities will George most likely be engaged?
4. My dad told me he that he didn't want me lollygagging around till the cows came home. With which of the following phrases could Dad have made his point more succinctly?
5. You've put the kibosh on something. Have you put the icing on the cake or pulled the rug out from under something?
6. A fogey falls and lands on his er...rear end. To which part of the fogey anatomy do I refer?
7. "I don't see any reason for you to get all gussied up," my mom informed me. From what was my mom trying to spare me?
8. When I was a young child growing up in the U.S., I heard my parents refer to "unmentionables". I finally found out what they were. Which of the following are "unmentionables"?
9. Fogeys are a careful and suspicious bunch. Which of the following is most likely to snooker them?
10. The old skinflint is up to his usual shenanigans. Which of the following is most nearly a translation of the preceding sentence into plain English?
Source: Author uglybird
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.