Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The word 'bowdlerize' means 'censoring' or 'editing out something one considers offensive'. This word originated from the name of Thomas Bowdler; how did the term originate?
2. Decibel is a measurement unit. After whom is this word named?
3. A well-known term of exclamation is 'Geronimo'. Do you know after whom this word is named?
4. The terms 'Hobson's choice' is used to refer to an option that doesn't exist. After whom is this word named?
5. Charles Macintosh invented a waterproof raincoat using a rubber coated material. The raincoat named after him is known as a Mackintosh.
6. The word 'Orwellian' is derived from the name of the famous author George Orwell. Which of the following best describes the meaning of this word?
7. The word 'pyrrhic' is named after King Pyrrhus and is popularly used in the phrase 'pyrrhic victory'. What does his phrase mean?
8. A particular type of toy bear known as 'Teddy bear' is liked by children all over the world. After whom is this word named?
9. The word thespian is used to refer to an actor. It is named after a Greek called Thespis. Which of the following best explains the origin of this word?
10. After whom is the word volcano named?
Source: Author deepakmr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.