Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In AE a British communication cord becomes an __________ -cord.
2. What is the British-English word for AE suspenders in the meaning of straps of elastic, leather etc. that are used to support trousers?
3. In case there is a fire BE-speakers warn the fire-brigade, the AE-speakers expect help from the fire-___________
4. British counties have their county-towns. An American county has its county- _____
5. A BE speaker opens the French windows, an AE speaker opens the French ______
6. A British goods-train becomes an American __________- train.
7. BE clothes pegs become AE clothes_______
8. British bowler-hats are _____-hats in USA.
9. Britain has trade-unions, America has ____-unions.
10. Holden Caulfield played checkers with Jane Gallagher. His British equivalent would have preferred ________
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.