Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When Scarlett is getting ready for the barbecue at the Wilkes' plantation, she tries on many dresses, but ends up choosing the green sprigged afternoon dress. Why does she reject the black bombazine dress?
2. When Scarlett is in Atlanta living with Melanie and Aunt Pittypat, she has a crying fit one day because she is depressed and unhappy that everyone in town but her seems to be going to a picnic. Aunt Pittypat scolds Scarlett because she catches her doing what?
3. Scarlett has a guilty secret. When Melanie and Aunt Pitty aren't home, what does Scarlett sneak into Melanie's room to do?
4. Uncle Henry Hamilton is a member of the Old Guard and he ends up defending Atlanta from Sherman. When he gets leave one day, he shows up at the house on Peachtree Street for a little rest. Melanie grabs his arm while he is talking to her and Scarlett, and he crankily tells her not to. Why?
5. Uncle Henry didn't just come to the house to relax, but to give Melanie the sad news that her father-in-law has been killed. What does he bring to Melanie that he removed from John Wilkes's lifeless body?
6. Coffee is a luxury during the dark days before Atlanta falls. What does Scarlett have to drink for breakfast instead of drinking coffee?
7. When Scarlett and Melanie return to Tara after the fall of Atlanta, they find the plantation in a sad state. They are in constant danger of Yankees showing up, and one night they do. They hide the silver in the well, and drive the pigs into the swamp. Where does Scarlett hide the wallet?
8. Wade is terrified of the Yankee soldiers, but he protests when they try to take something that belongs to him. He holds out his hand and cries "Mine!". What is it?
9. When Scarlett is still in Atlanta, one day she tries out a new coiffure. What is it called?
10. When Scarlett is married to Frank Kennedy, he is sorely disillusioned. He can't bear to admit even to himself that she married him just for the money to pay taxes on Tara, and he tries to convince himself that she truly cares for him. He thinks of Scarlett as an exotic bird, when a much plainer bird may have suited him just as well, "In fact, much better". What other bird is Frank thinking of?
11. When Scarlett is driving to and from the mill every day, Melanie becomes worried about her safety and hires Archie to chauffer Scarlett. She discovers that he is an ex-con. What did Archie do?
12. Archie quits working for Scarlett because she offends him. What does she do?
13. When Ashley and Melanie move to Atlanta after the war, a relative comes to live with them. Who is it?
14. Honey Wilkes ends up marrying a man whom her sister India considers to be beneath her. Why doesn't India like him?
15. When the lone Yankee soldier shows up at Tara and Scarlett is forced to shoot him, how does she feel afterwards?
16. When Melanie appears at the top of the stairs with Charles' sword after she hears Scarlett shoot the Yankee, what does Scarlett think of her?
17. Who commiserates with Scarlett about how difficult it is when you know you've seen the worst life has to give you?
18. After Scarlett and Rhett are married, Rhett sees Wade moping around the house one day and he asks the boy why he doesn't go play with his friends. What answer does Wade give him?
19. Name the Atlanta dowager who plagues Scarlett for years.
20. What are the last four words of the book?
Source: Author raer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.