Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The novel opens with this line.. "Scarlett O'Hara was not -----, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm ..." Fill in the missing word.
2. Scarlett is a combination of her parent's very different backgrounds, and this mixture causes her to be at war with her own nature throughout much of the novel. What are her parent's origins?
3. What is Scarlett's mother's maiden name?
4. At the barbecue at the Wilkes's plantation Twelve Oaks, Scarlett comes up with a plan to attract every young man's attention to try and make Ashley jealous. Why does she decide not to sit at a table?
5. Who is the only girl who Scarlett considers to be a possible friend at the beginning of the novel?
6. Why is Rhett Butler 'not received'?
7. When Charles Hamilton proposes to Scarlett, what is she thinking to herself that he looks like?
8. What happens on Scarlett and Charles wedding night?
9. After Scarlett unsucessfully stays in Savannah with family, Her mother sends her to Atlanta for a visit to stay with Melanie and who else?
10. There is one male slave in the home that Scarlett and Melanie live in in Atlanta. What is his name?
11. When Scarlett is at the fund raising ball in Atlanta, forced to wear her "widow's weeds", she is suddenly aware that everyone is swept up in a torrent of emotion she doesn't feel. What is the movement everyone else is embracing?
12. Why is Scarlett so horrified when she sees Rhett Butler at the ball in Atlanta?
13. Gerald comes to Atlanta to bring Scarlett home 'in disgrace', but she is ironically saved from this fate when Gerald disgraces himself and she blackmails him. What does he do?
14. When Gerald awakens in the morning with a terrible hangover, he asks Scarlett if there is anything to drink in the house. Scarlett gets a bottle of brandy, that she and Melanie refer to as the ---- bottle, because Aunt Pittypat always asks for it when she feels faint. What is the missing word?
15. Scarlett uses the expression Fiddle Dee Dee in the movie and the book, but in the book she also uses an expression she picked up from Gerald. What is it?
16. Scarlett and Frank are awakened one night to find an old friend soaking wet at their door who has to leave town in a hurry for killing someone. Who is it?
17. When Scarlett marries Charles Hamilton, Stuart and Brent Tarleton are furious, but they eventually move on and court other girls. When Gerald relays this information to Scarlett during his visit to Atlanta, she is furious. Who are the twins now courting?
18. When Scarlett confesses to Rhett that it is her fault that Frank is dead, he laughs and tells her she is on the verge of what?
19. Scarlett has a recurring dream that haunts her for years. What is it about?
20. Scarlett's daughter with Frank is named Ella, and her middle name comes from a song she sings to Rhett at the ball in Atlanta several years before. What is Ella's middle name?
21. When Scarlett makes the green velvet dress to go to Atlanta to get the money for the taxes, everyone knows she makes them from her mother's curtains. But where does she get the feather for her hat?
22. Scarlett's mother dies of typhoid that she catches while nursing Emmie Slattery. When Emmie and her husband Jonas Wilkerson show up to buy Tara , what does Scarlett say to her?
23. When Scarlett and Rhett marry, she has one goal in mind when she builds her new house in Atlanta. What is it?
24. How does Melanie die?
25. What does Scarlett realize when she visits Melanie at her deathbed?
Source: Author raer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.