Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pi explained to the writer who visited his house that his birth name was Piscine Molitor Patel. The unconventional name was inspired by Pi's uncle, Mamaji. What exactly was Piscine Molitor?
2. Pi reminisced about his childhood and he described the place where he grew up to the writer. Which former French India territory, located in southern India, was Pi from?
3. Pi recalled the stories of his religious encounters when he was still a little boy. Which three religions did he believe in?
4. Due to the political issues in India, Pi's father decided that they should close the zoo and move to Canada. He brought up the topic during the dinner with his family but clearly, Pi was not happy about this because he had just met his first love. Pi's father said ambitiously, "We will sail like ___.", to which Pi replied sarcastically, "But ___ was looking for India." Which famous explorer completes the quote?
5. The tragedy of the sinking of the Japanese freighter, Tsimtsum, had left Pi drifting on the Pacific Ocean. Which four animals survived the shipwreck?
6. In one of the most memorable and spectacular scenes of the film, Pi's lifeboat was resting on a calm sea at night, with hundreds of bioluminescent jellyfish surrounding it. Pi was admiring the serenity of the atmosphere when suddenly, a creature jumped out of the water, causing a big splash. What animal was it?
7. One day, Pi woke up and found his lifeboat stopped at an island. He first found out that the algae on the island were edible. He then explored the island and to his surprise, the island was inhabited by a huge population of a species of mammal. Which mammal was it?
8. After rejuvenating himself on the island, Pi found an unlikely object in a fruit, which led him to decide to leave the island instead. What was the object?
9. After 227 days, Pi's lifeboat eventually reached the coast of a North American country, where he was rescued by the locals there. Which country did the lifeboat reach?
10. Pi was interviewed by two insurance agents in the hospital. They did not believe his story with the Bengal tiger so Pi told them another story without the tiger. When Pi asked the writer which version did he prefer, he chose the one with the tiger.
Source: Author Matthew_07
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.