Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the first part of 'Lion', we meet a young boy named Saroo who is constantly trying to keep up with his older brother Guddu. In an early scene Guddu steals some coal before selling it to provide what drink for his family?
2. Tired of waiting for his brother, Saroo decides to sleep on a stationary train. When he wakes up, the train is moving and there is no-one around to help him. In which Bengali city does the train eventually stop?
3. After spending several months in an orphanage, Saroo learns that he is to be adopted. In which country do his adopted family live?
4. The film now moves forward two years and we see that John and Sue Brierley have adopted a second young Indian boy. What is the name of Saroo's new brother?
5. The film moves forward another 22 years and we meet the adult Saroo (Dev Patel). He begins a course in hotel management and quickly builds a relationship with a fellow student, Lucy. Which American actor portrays Lucy?
6. While at a party with some friends from his course, Saroo has a flashback that reminds him of his childhood in India. What foodstuff prompted this flashback?
7. After being reminded of his original family in India, Saroo is determined to try and find them. What internet-based tool does he use to try and track them down?
8. After the initial flashback to his childhood, Saroo is able to recall several other details. He remembers how he got the scar on his face when he was hit by a motorbike. What fruit was he carrying that obscured his vision and thus led to the collision?
9. After searching unsuccessfully for a long period of time, Saroo goes to visit his adopted family. He starts a discussion about adoption and Sue Brierley admits that she was unable to have children of her own.
10. Does Saroo eventually manage the find the village in which he was brought up and thus be reunited with his mother?
Source: Author pagea
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.