Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The note reads, "Dearest, Since you have canceled our engagement, I have decided not to marry you. I am leaving to sail around the world so that I will forget you. Yours, but not anymore, Buster." Into the envelope it goes.
How does Buster seal his letter?
2. Buster sets off in his little dinghy, the Cupid. Several days later Buster is sporting a greasepaint beard. He scans the empty horizon. He pulls the picture of his beloved out of his shirt -- where he's carrying it next to his broken heart -- then settles in for a hardtack snack. Then he settles down for a nap. He wakes to see that he is approaching a whaling ship, the Love Nest. An inter-title informs us that the captain, Big Joe Roberts, punishes minor offenses with death.
How does Buster end up aboard the Love Nest?
3. Buster soon gets to see what sort of discipline Captain Joe maintains. A crew member spills coffee on the captain's hand, and gets tossed overboard. Captain Joe isn't entirely heartless, though -- he throws a wreath into the sea to mark the hapless man's watery grave. How does Buster respond to all this?
4. After the crewman is tossed overboard, Buster follows Captain Joe back below deck, where the captain crosses the dead man's name off the crew list. Buster signs on as the steward. The next day his greasepaint beard is gone, and he's set the task of swabbing the deck. How does Buster screw this up?
5. Buster has dodged a bullet already when the other crewman got tossed overboard for his mopping debacle. Next, he dodges a bullet when he gets caught handling one of Captain Joe's possessions. What?
6. In an effort to avoid his predecessor's fatal error, Buster uses a funnel to pour Captain Joe's coffee. But he still manages to spill it. How?
7. The lookout spots a whale. A crewman hands Buster a rope and instructs him to tie the end to the rail. Buster can't figure out how to do this so he just holds on tight to the rope and braces himself. He gets yanked overboard by the harpooned whale, but comes swimming back, towing the whale. He hands the rope end to Captain Joe -- who gets yanked overboard himself. Buster dons the captain's hat, announces he's the new captain, and promises the crew what?
8. The wrathful captain climbs back aboard, and chases everybody off the ship, except for Buster, who seeks refuge below deck. The other crewmen make off in the longboat, but by the time Buster falls overboard, they're long gone. He manages to get back aboard the ship. How does he escape from Captain Joe?
9. After escaping from Captain Joe, Buster again ends up in great peril. What is the source of the peril?
10. Awakened from his dream of a whaling ship, and still aboard the Cupid, Buster takes stock of his situation. He's out of food. He's out of water. He's out of fuel. As he ponders the scene off the starboard bow, what does he see?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.