Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. (2000) Trapped in a loveless marriage, Oz is working hard to clear up some debts so that he can get a divorce. When his new next door neighbour turns out to be Jimmy the Tulip, a mob hit man with a price on his head, Oz's wife forces him to go to Chicago to try to collect the reward. In the meantime she rats him out to Jimmy, in the hopes that he will bump Oz off and she can live comfortably on the insurance money.
2. (1997) Upset over the killing of his brother, a Russian mobster takes out a contract on the director of the FBI, hiring the Jackal to fulfill the contract. Only one man alive can identify the Jackal, and he is an IRA sniper who is released from prison to try and find the Jackal before he can complete the assassination.
3. (2002) A fisherman pulls a wounded man out of the water and nurses him back to health. Unfortunately he has absolutely no memory of who he is, and has only the number of a Swiss bank account, implanted in his hip, to help him figure out why people are trying to kill him.
4. (1997) Martin Blank takes on a contract which coincidentally has to happen in his old neighbourhood, at the time of his high school's tenth reunion. Once there he hooks up with the girlfriend he abandoned on prom night, and decides that he's really in the market for a change in employment. Unfortunately he's got one last job to finish first, two Feds breathing down his neck, some European assassin trying to kill him and another assassin trying to talk him into joining a union. Things get really interesting when he finds that his last hit is supposed to be his girlfriend's father.
5. (2003) She was a member of the elite Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, until she got pregnant, and decided she wanted a more normal life. Unfortunately the rest of her group descended on her wedding day, killing her guests and leaving her in a coma, where she lay for four long years. Now she's back, and she wants revenge.
6. (1991) On November 22, 1963, in the city of Dallas, someone assassinated President Kennedy. While most of the world bought the story of the pristine bullet, and accepted that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, District Attorney Jim Garrison believed differently. He and his staff dug up evidence of a conspiracy, and laid charges against a New Orleans businessman, the only man ever to be brought to trial for Kennedy's assassination.
7. (1962) Returning from Korea as a decorated hero, Raymond Shaw has no memory of having been brainwashed while being held in a prisoner of war camp with his whole platoon. Turned into a killing machine who is handled by his own mother, he is put in position to kill the president of the United States who is campaigning for reelection. This timely death will allow for the communist controlled vice presidential candidate to step in and take the presidency on the sympathy vote. Fortunately some of the other soldiers from his platoon are beginning to remember what really happened in Korea.
8. (1985) They met at a wedding, and fell in love. They soon found that they had a lot of things in common, including a shared profession, which worked out rather nicely, since not everyone can accept the fact that their partner kills people for a living. However life got a little complicated when they were hired to bump each other off.
9. (1993) Frank Horrigan is a Secret Service Agent who was there the day that Kennedy was killed. Mitch Leary is a former CIA assassin who feels betrayed by the organization and the country that taught him to be a killer. Mitch plans to seek his revenge by killing the US President, and finds the game so much more interesting when he gets to play cat and mouse with Horrigan. Horrigan is determined not to lose another president, but is having trouble making the other agents believe that he isn't just cracking up.
10. What profession is featured prominently in "The Bourne Supremacy", "The Day of the Jackal", "The Whole Ten Yards", and all of these other wonderful movies.
Source: Author skunkee
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.