Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. (1982) An alien botanist wanders too far from his ship, and gets left behind when the ship has to leave suddenly. Fortunately for our little scientist, he's befriended by a young boy who takes him in and tries to keep him safe. The two form such a special bond, that when the alien starts to sicken, so does the boy. Things are looking pretty bleak, until the spaceship returns - but can they get to the ship in time?
2. (1999) Years after their show was cancelled, Commander Peter Quincy Taggart and his crew are still living off of public appearances. It's a shallow, unfulfilling existence, but it pays the bills. When a ship full of real aliens, who have modeled their entire existence after the show, approaches them for help, everyone believes that they're another bunch of fanatics. However their plight is all too real, and suddenly the stakes that they're playing for are awfully high.
3. (2002) After his wife is killed in a freak accident, Rev. Hess loses his faith and chooses to stop being a minister. When the 500 foot crop circle that appeared in his field (and elsewhere in the world) was followed by the arrival of some very hostile aliens, subsequent events lead him to re-find his faith.
4. (1999) Recently fired from his job, newsman Tim O'Hara can't believe his luck when he witnesses the crash landing of an alien spacecraft. Looking to redeem himself in a big way, he takes the spacecraft, which leads him to becoming friends with the Martian who needs to get it fixed up so that he can return home.
5. (1975) It's a dark and stormy night when Janet and Brad seek shelter, and a phone, at the Frankenstein Place. How were they supposed to know that the place was inhabited by aliens from 'Transsexual, Transylvania'? Their presence supplies Dr. Frank-N-Furter with no end of amusement, as they bear witness to the birth of his creation.
6. (1984) In 1977 Voyager II was launched, inviting all alien life forms to come and visit Earth - this much is fact. This film speculates on what would happen if anyone actually answered that call. After his spacecraft is shot out of the sky, he assumes the form of a young woman's recently deceased husband, and coerces her to drive him to the spot where his mother ship will pick him up. Along the way she begins to love his gentle nature, and becomes determined to save him from the government agents who are still looking for him.
7. (1997) There are so many aliens living in the world that a special, invisible agency exists to keep track of them all. When a very aggressive bug arrives, threatening to start an inter-galactic war, Agents K and J have their work cut out for them.
8. (1996) When alien visitors arrive, most herald it as a wonderful day for mankind. Unfortunately the nasty little Martians turn out to have virtually unbeatable weapons, and incredibly vicious senses of humour. They destroy and torture just because they like it, vaporizing some while performing cruel transplants on others. It's a good thing that someone figured out a way to get rid of them.
9. (1978) When his parents realized that their home planet of Krypton was doomed, they sent their beloved son away to a place where he would acquire super powers under the influence of an alien sun. He soon grew strong in body and mind, defending innocent people everywhere. It was an awfully good thing that he was around to thwart Lex Luther's plans to increase the value of his property by eliminating most of California.
10. Okay, so it's bonus question time. What type of creature has appeared in "Signs", "Mars Attacks", "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", and all these other, wonderful movies?
Source: Author skunkee
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.