Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert spend the night together in this 1934 screwball comedy. In a memorable scene, Gable hangs a blanket over the bed in a motel so that Colbert can feel safe alone with him. What was this classic film that dominated the 1935 Academy Awards?
2. A witty sarcastic fellow, a piano playing man with an unidentifiable accent, and a mute man who plays the harp cause havoc at a music venue. The brothers must find a way to make sure the regular tenor is delayed so that the understudy, Allan Jones, can get a break. What Marx Brothers' film is this?
3. Edward R. Murrow was one of the first true broadcast journalists of the television era. His broadcasts from England on the Battle of Britain during World War Two are legend. Later he became a vocal opponent of Joe McCarthy, the Senator whose paranoia found communists hiding in every office. What was the name of his film biography?
4. Walter Lord's 1955 book came to the screen in 1958. It told the story of a doomed ship's voyage, sunk by collision with an iceberg. What 'night' film had the tag line that it was historically accurate?
5. In his directorial debut, Billy Crystal plays a comedian whose talent brings him to the fore but his flaws cause a cycle of failure in this 1992 film. What night is this?
6. Kurt Vonnegut's 1961 novel did not hit the screen until 1996. It told the story of an American who is recruited by the United States to become a spy because of his intimate knowledge of the Nazis and politics. He becomes a Nazi charged with convincing captured Allied troops to join with the German cause while secretly leaking information to the Allies. What is the name of this film that starred Nick Nolte?
7. In this film Clint Eastwood tries to capture the essence of Savannah, Georgia in this adaptation of John Berendt's non-fiction book. John Cusack stars along with Kevin Spacey and Jude Law in the dramatization of the death (murder) of a homosexual prostitute. What is the name of both the book and the film?
8. In the last movie he ever directed, Charles Laughton spins a tale of a self proclaimed preacher and serial killer, played by Robert Mitchum, who terrorizes a widow and mother (Shelley Winters) and children searching for stolen money he believes they have hidden. Which 'night' film is this?
9. Johnny Depp had his break-through role in this film that featured a villain named Freddy who attacks teenagers in their sleep. What is the name of this 'night' film that became a franchise?
10. What was the 'night' film in which Mark Wahlberg and John C. Reilly break into the pornography industry and become stars in this 1997 'night' film?
Source: Author Rehaberpro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.